We’re Live! 5 Facts about Me
Mummy Monologues is a new blog about me and my life with my boys. Let me introduce myself… My name is Leila and I’m 31 from Surrey. I’m happily married to Bob and I’m mummy to a two and a half year old little boy, who’s always bursting full of energy, called Alex. I’m also a very proud step mum to a wonderful big boy called Sam, who’s nine.
I thought it would be fun to tell you the top 5 facts about me and if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in the comments below. So… Here goes
1. I’m a total Girl Geek – Since 2009, I’ve run a multi award winning blog called Girls n Gadgets and I’m pleased to say that five years on, it’s still going strong. It’s been a great experience as I have met so many amazing people through it. Many life long friends and even my husband.
2. I have my own jewellery business – In November 2012, I taught myself jewellery stamping. I’ve never really thought of myself as a creative person, but since becoming pregnant, I’ve tried to learn new things and I’ve really surprised myself. People saw my creations on Instagram and asked if I’d make them for them and things went from there. I opened my little online business in May of last year and I’ve made hundreds of pieces since then. You can see some of my items on the Stampsational website.
3. I love tea – I’ve always been a tea lover – My Dad is a complete teapot and so I guess I’ve followed in his footsteps. Recently, I thought I’d broaden my tea horizons and I bought a number of loose teas from The Wiltshire Tea Company. They stock a breathtaking range of teas and accessories and they’re super reasonable. My favourites are the Nilgiri and the Spiced Chai, they’re just delicious!
4. I have an obsession with nail varnish – OK, so I have God knows how many nail varnishes. I get bored so quickly with the colour of my nails that I probably paint them almost every night. Until the past few weeks, I always bit them too, so it’s not even like I have amazing nails. I’m proud to say, I’ve managed to grow them to a really nice length now, but I’m really not used to it and I find they really get in the way and I scratch myself by mistake daily at the moment. I’m just glad that I don’t have to change nappies any more!
5. I’ve worked solidly since 5 days after my 16th Birthday – I moved from Northern Ireland to England just before my 16th Birthday. I was going to retake my GCSE’s as I wasn’t allowed to take them in England due to the difference in syllabuses, however, I decided to go out to work. I’ve been in retail, administration, estate agency, recruitment, project management and finally marketing and social media. I worked really long hours and I grafted really hard to get to where I am today. I’ve not always known what I want to do, but since meeting my husband in 2009, he helped me follow my dreams. I worked in Social and Digitial Marketing and I loved it! I started my technology website, Girls n Gadgets which has brought so many amazing opportunities and fun to my life. Although, I’m finally doing something I love more than anything, and that’s being a Mummy.
So that’s a little about me. I really hope you enjoy reading my blog and if there’s ever anything you’d like covering, please let me know in the comments or on Twitter @mummymonologues